How do you snicker? Snicker-doodle Recipe
Need some inspiration for the weekend here's a treat for you.
For the cookies
- 1 1/4 cup (282g) unsalted butter, browned
- 2 cups (380g) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups (420g) all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cream of tarter
For the coating
- ¼ cup (47.5g) granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon (7.5g) cinnamon
- To brown the butter, use a small saucepan, and cut the butter into pieces. Melt the butter over medium heat and allow it to boil and bubble. Once it starts boiling, stir it frequently and it will slowly start to turn an amber color and releases a nutty aroma. Remove the butter from the heat and place it in the freezer for 20-25 minutes (but no longer!) and then stir until creamy.
- Combine the butter with the sugar and beat on medium speed until well creamed together.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract. Mix into the butter and sugar until the eggs are well beaten.
- In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients: flour, baking soda and cream of tartar. Slowly add into the batter and beat on medium-low speed until well combined and the dough starts to form.
- In a small bowl, combined cinnamon and sugar and stir to combine. Use a cookie scoop(3 tbsp) and scoop cookie dough into the cinnamon-sugar mixture. Roll around to coat the cookie.
- Place the cookies on a lined baking sheet. Refrigerate dough for a minimum of 60 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Place the cookies about 2 inches apart on your baking sheet. If your cookies have been refrigerated longer than 2 hours, allow them to rest at room temperature for 10 minutes before baking.
- Bake at 350° F for 10-12 minutes. Allow cookie to cool on the baking sheet for several minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.